We use a "proxy server" to grant access to test websites, which are hosted behind a firewall and not accessible from the outside world without special permission.
If you need access to your test website, we will issue you a Username and Password. Both are case sensitive and unique. You can access all parts of the web using our proxy server, but best practice is to (a) configure the proxy server, (b) use it, (c ) unconfigure it. This may seem like a hassle, but once configured, Steps (1) and (2) below are that are required to configure it again.
On a Mac:
- Select Safari >> Preferences >> Advanced and the click on "Proxies Change Settings".
- Check "Web Proxy (HTTP) and then enter "tyche.earthclick.net" and port 3128,
- Check "Proxy server requires password" and then enter the Username and Password I sent you earlier.
- Click OK and you're done.
- To undo the proxy, do step (1) above and uncheck the "Web Proxy (HTTP) selection"
On a PC:
- Select Control Panel >> Internet Options >> Connections >> Lan Settings
- Check "Use a proxy server for your LAN..) then click Advanced
- enter "tyche.earthclick.net" and port 3128 in the HTTP, Secure and FTP locations
- Click OK and get out of all of this now
- Start Internet Explorer (or your browser) and enter the Username and Password I sent you earlier.
- To undo the proxy, do step (1) aboe and uncheck "Use a proxy server for your LAN..)